I understand from Jeremy that you all covered the following material:
"We got up to p. 47-8. Went fine. :)
- 你贵姓 (Ni3 gui4 xing4? What is your honorable last name?)
- 你姓什么 (Ni3 xing4 shen2 me? What is your last name?)
- 你叫什么名字 (Ni3 jiao4 shen2 me ming2 zi? What is your name [either first or full name]?)
- 谁 (xing4, last name [noun] or to have the last name of [verb])
- 个 (ge, the most common Chinese MEASURE WORD)
- 有 (you3) and 没有 (mei2 you3) to have and to not have
- 也 (ye3, also)
"Students should pay extra attention to first and fourth tones -- maybe emphasizing by saying a little bit longer." We can talk more about this next time. We will continue to work on the accuracy of our tones for the rest of the academic year.
Please review the part of the lesson that Jeremy covered in class last night (pages 47 and 48 of your textbook). We will do a quick review of this material next week before continuing on pages 48 and 49.
See you all in class next week. Thanks again to Jeremy for covering my class last night while I attended a remembrance service for someone who passed away earlier this year.
Post a Comment
If you leave me a spam comment, it will immediately be removed. I will never EVER leave your comment in place on my blog. It will be permanently deleted in minutes.